Saturday, February 4, 2012

Life in the Crazy Lane

What a crazy time it has been. We are busy back to work, doing construction on the house and entertaining a busy toddler and active baby. My grandmother died a few weeks ago and we went to Redding last weekend for her funeral. It was very nice, but so incredibly sad, she lived such a long life, but was always the energizer bunny, so I thought she would recover from her last set back. My cousin made this incredible poster of pictures, my grandma was such a stylish lady. Wow and those hair styles - she was incredible. I am going to miss her and her endless energy. We also spent some time in Eureka, which was fun. Miles loves my parent's house, there is just so much to do there. I can't wait to take him there when it is a bit warmer so he can spend time at the beach. Last week we took a 24 hour trip up to Portland for Mike's job. Miles had excitement overload. While running errands at IKEA, he got to see airplanes taking off from the airport and continually asked us for more, then at our hotel, the MAX kept going by and again, he wanted more. In the morning he got to ride the MAX and street car, which was almost too much for him to handle. We also went to the children's museum and a place called Munchkin land (a place recommended by another blog I read (pdxmomma)). It is crazy the things that entertain a 2 year old. Ella was great, she just sat in the Bjorn while Miles got to run around. We are postponing our trip to New York to June - travel will be easier and cheaper, although I was really looking forward to seeing Mike's family and spending time back East. So, we are thinking a trip to SF will be a good spring break alternative. I am always up for a trip back home (I miss living there so much) and a visit with Uncles Tim and Neil is always a favorite destination. The house is again in construction. New flooring on the stairs and landing and patch work on the holes in the ceiling. It will be great to get things finished so we can finally put the house up for sale and move closer to work and then who knows in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment